Today we are going to share with you the Recipe of Paneer Do Pyaza, Dish made with a combination of paneer and onion. Paneer Do Pyaza is a vegetarian recipe and one of the most popular recipes from North India. If we talk about its taste, then it is a wonderfully tasty dish. The method of making Paneer Do Pyaza, this dish is made by adding pieces of paneer and onion in spicy gravy.
We know that paneer is rich in protein, so it is a healthy dish. Paneer is an alternative to meat for vegetarians, so when a sudden guest arrives home, something has to be prepared quickly. And good, tasty and something special has to be made. At such a time Paneer Do Pyaza is a good option for you. You can make Paneer Do Pyaza and be a perfect host.
As soon as we hear the name of Paneer Do Pyaza, we think ‘we will have to go to a hotel or restaurant to eat’. But the truth is that we can make it at our home. And can be made easily. The Recipe of Paneer Do Pyaza is simple and easy. Make it at your home with the help of our Paneer Do Pyaza recipe on any weekend or when a guest comes to your home and enjoys its taste with guests and your family.
Ingredients of Paneer Do Pyaza
- 250-gram paneer / Cottage cheese
- 4 onions chopped
- 4 tomato puree
- 1 tsp cumin
- 2 tbsp curd (thick)
- 2 green chilies
- 1 tsp ginger-garlic paste
- 1 tsp garam masala
- 2 tsp coriander powder
- 1 tsp turmeric powder
- 1 tsp red chili powder
- 2 small cardamom
- 1 tbsp cream
- oil as required
- 1 tsp Kasoori methi /Dried fenugreek leaves
- 1 bay leaf
- salt as per taste
How to Make Paneer Do Pyaza Recipe
- First, if your paneer is a big piece, cut it into small cubes.
- Cut onions, green chilies, and coriander leaves.
- Cut tomatoes and grind them in a blender to make a puree.
- Now take a bowl and add curd to it and whisk it well.
- After that add red chili powder, turmeric powder, coriander powder, and garam masala and mix it well.
- Now add dried fenugreek leaves and salt as per taste to this mixture and mix it well and beat it.
- After that put the pieces of paneer in this mixture and mix it well and marinate it.
- Now keep this mixture aside for 15 minutes.
- Turn on the gas and put a pan on it and heat oil in it.
- Put marinated paneer in oil heated on medium flame and fry for 2 to 3 minutes.
- After frying, take out the paneer on a plate and keep it.
- Pour oil into a pan and heat it on medium flame, add cumin seeds, bay leaves, green chilies, and green cardamom and fry them while stirring.
- After frying, cook it for 4 to 5 minutes till the color of the onion turns golden.
- When the onion turns golden brown, slow down the gas and add dry spices to it and mix well.
- After that add tomato puree and cook it on a medium flame for 3-4 more minutes.
- Now add salt as per taste and cook till the gravy leaves oil.
- When the gravy becomes thick, add fried marinated paneer cubes and cook it for 1 to 2 more minutes.
- Now add cream/malai to it.
- Your Paneer Do Pyaza is ready.
- Take it out in a serving bowl and garnish with coriander and serve it with tandoori roti or paratha.
- If you want, you can also use raw paneer instead of fried paneer.
- You can increase or decrease the quantity of chili as per your choice.
- If you do not like to make the gravy more creamy, then do not use cream in it.
Other recipes for you
I hope you like my other dish recipes like the Tomato cheese recipe or the Tomato paneer recipe, Kadai paneer recipe, shahi paneer recipe, Matar paneer recipe, Paneer tikka recipe, Malai kofta recipe, Paneer handi recipe, Kaju paneer recipe, and Paneer paratha recipe. Apart from this, you can see my other types of recipes as well,