Malai Kofta is a famous dish of North India, especially Punjab. Here we will give information about its malai kofta recipe. In this recipe of malai kofta, you will get complete information about malai kofta ingredients and malai kofta recipes. It is also known as malai paneer kofta. By the way, koftas are made all over India. And we know that koftas are made in many ways. In this malai kofta recipe, we will tell you how to make potato paneer kofta.
This is such a dish that when we hear its name, our mouth starts watering and we feel like eating it. This tasty and yummy recipe dish is made by mixing potato paneer balls, onion, tomato sauce, and some spices. Its taste is liked by everyone. It is liked by the elders as well as the children of the house. We can make it on special occasions or festivals and enjoy it.
We can easily make it at our home. You can make it at your home with the help of our Malai Kofta recipe and enjoy the taste of delicious Malai Kofta. This dish is a perfect dish for a dinner party, so you can make it at home, a weekend party, or any other dinner party and serve it with Paratha, naan, chapati, or rice.
Ingredients of Malai Kofta
- 250 grams paneer
- 250 ml cream
- 50 grams flour
- 50 grams of cashew paste
- 4 large potatoes, boiled
- 2 tomatoes
- 3 onions medium size, chopped
- 1 tbsp cashew
- 1 tbsp raisins
- 2 tbsp milk
- 1/2 tsp turmeric
- 1/2 tsp red chili powder
- 1 tbsp ginger-garlic paste:
- 1/2 tsp garam masala powder
- 1 tbsp Kasoori methi
- 1 tbsp green coriander
- oil as required
- salt to taste
- sugar to taste
How to make Malai Paneer Kofta Recipe
To make kofta
- First, boil the potatoes and after boiling keep them on a plate to cool down.
- Cut onions, tomatoes, and green coriander until the potatoes are boiled.
- Grind tomatoes in a mixer and make a thick paste/puree out of it.
- After that cut cashews and raisins into small pieces.
- Now mix 1/2 teaspoon sugar in it well.
- Now crush the potatoes and paneer well and mash them.
- After that add flour to it and mix all three well.
- Make koftas (round balls) of the potato-paneer mixture and stuff small pieces of cashews and raisins in them.
- Now turn on the gas and put a pan on it and put oil in it.
- When the oil becomes hot, put these balls of koftas in the oil and fry them.
- Fry all the koftas in this way.
To make gravy
- Now put another vessel on the gas and put some oil in it.
- Now add onion, ginger, and tomato paste and fry it.
- After that mix cashew paste in it and add two tablespoons of hot milk.
- Now put dry spices and Kasoori methi in this mixture.
- Fry this mixture while stirring and when it starts leaving oil, add half a cup of water to it.
- When this gravy becomes slightly thick after cooking, then add cream/malai to it. After that add sugar to it and mix this mixture well.
- Now leave this gravy to cook on low flame.
- When the sides of the gravy starts leaving due to greasiness, add fried koftas to it and mix well.
- Your Malai Koftas are ready.
- Take them out in a serving bowl and garnish them with coriander leaves.
- Serve it with roti, paratha, naan, or rice.
- If the koftas burst while frying, take them out and apply dry flour on them and fry them again.
- Potatoes should be boiled and mashed well, this makes it easy to give a round shape to the kofta.
- Instead of putting koftas in gravy, you can take out koftas in a serving bowl and pour gravy and cream on it.
- By keeping the koftas in gravy for at least half an hour before serving, the koftas absorb the gravy well and taste good.
Other recipes for you
I hope you like my other dish recipes like the Tomato cheese recipe or the Tomato paneer recipe, Kadai paneer recipe, shahi paneer recipe, Matar paneer recipe, Paneer tikka recipe, and Paneer paratha recipe. Apart from this, you can see my other types of recipes as well,