What is the Gajar ka Halwa recipe or How to make Carrot Halwa? And what are Gajar ka Halwa ingredients? Similarly, how is Gajar ka Halwa made? What is the method of Gajar ka Halwa? Who Introduced the Gajar ka Halwa Recipe in India and When? You are going to get the answers to all the questions like these here.
You May Like: Moong Dal Halwa Recipe
Carrot Halwa is a less fat, sweet, vegetarian, and healthy dish. In which the amount of fats is less. It does not deteriorate quickly after it is made. It can be stored and eaten later. Due to it not deteriorating quickly, it can be made and sent to another place as well.
During the Mughal period, the Mughals first introduced this dish in India. Gajar ka Halwa (in Hindi) / Carrot Halwa or Carrot pudding is sweet in taste. Because of the Arabic word “halwa” meaning “sweet”, it came to be called halva (of carrots).
The capital remained Delhi even during the Mughal rule. Mughals reside in Delhi, so it is called the dish of North India. But now it is preferred all over India. And it is made and eaten after festivals.
In neighboring countries like Pakistan, Bangladesh, Sri Lanka, and Nepal, this Gajar ka Halwa recipe or Carrot Halwa recipe is as popular as it is in India. Adult people and children all eat it for hobbies.
It takes a little longer to make but it is easy to make. The required material is easily available in the market. By following our Gajar Halwa recipe or Carrot Halwa recipe you can make this and feed your family and your guests. If you have a party at your home or get together on weekends, you can serve it as a sweet dish.
Carrot halwa Ingredients
- 1 kg Carrot
- 200 grams of sugar
- 3 black cardamom
- 100 grams Ghee
- 2-3 tablespoons almonds
- 800 ml of milk
You May Like: Bottle Guard Halwa – Lauki ka Halwa
How to Make Carrot Halwa
- First, wash the carrot and grate it.
- Put 50 grams of ghee in a gas pot. After the ghee melts, add almonds and fry them a little.
- After frying takes out the almonds and cook the grated carrots in the same vessel for 3-4 minutes.
- After 3 to 4 minutes, add milk and cardamom and mix well and cook for 20 – 25 minutes.
- After 20 – 25 minutes, add 50 grams of ghee and sugar and cook for 1 to 2 minutes.
- Add almonds after 2 minutes and mix well and cook for 2 minutes. Turn off the gas when it is cooked.
Note: If you want your Halwa to be more nutritious, then you buy and use orange carrots. Orange color carrots are slightly more expensive than red color but they are more nutritious.