Chicken Shami Kebab Recipe: a Mughlai dish. Shami Kebab is one of the most popular non-vegetarian snacks to be served. It is very tasty to eat. This Nawabi dish is a special type of kebab which is prepared with chicken or mutton. If you eat it once, then you will want to eat it again and again. Stuffed with spicy masala from the inside and crispy fried on the outside, this kebab will make you addicted to it.
Kebab or Chicken Shami Kebab is a great starter. When it comes to the starter, the name Shami Kebab will come first to your mind. People who are fond of non-vegetarian dishes are crazy about Shami Kebab.
It is a very famous chicken recipe in India. It is very much liked in Mumbai, Hyderabad, Delhi, Uttar Pradesh, and Kashmir. People in Pakistan, Bangladesh, and Sri Lanka also eat it with great fervor. It is eaten as a starter during functions, as a snack in the evening, and with Roomali roti in lunch or dinner.
It definitely takes some time to make this kebab, but when its taste makes you go crazy, then you will also enjoy making it. So let’s make Shami Kebab by following this Chicken Shami Kebab recipe today.
Chicken Shami Kebab Recipe Ingredients / Chicken Shami Kabab Recipe Ingredients
- 1 kg boneless chicken
- 4 eggs
- 2 cups chana dal / Chickpeas Split
- 2 tsp ginger, finely chopped
- 4 nos green chili
- 2 tsp cumin
- 15 nos cloves
- 15 nos. black pepper
- 4 nos cinnamon
- 4 tsp whole coriander
- 2 tsp Ajwain / Carom Seeds / Thyme
- 4 tsp oil
- 5 red chilies whole
- 1 tsp chili flakes
- 2 tsp salt to taste
- 4 tsp garlic, finely chopped
- 1 cup coriander leaves chopped
- 1 cup mint chopped
How to make Chicken Shami Kebab / Chicken Shami Kabab Recipe
- First, soak the Chana dal/ Chickpeas Split in water for half an hour.
- After that wash the boneless chicken with clean water.
- Now wash the remaining ingredients also with clean water.
- Cut ginger, garlic, mint leaves, and coriander leaves.
- Turn on the gas and put a pressure cooker on it and put oil in it and heat it.
- Now add coriander, carom seeds, cumin, red chili, clove, black pepper, cinnamon, and chili flakes to it and fry it for 1-2 minutes.
- After that add soaked Chana dal/ Chickpeas Split it and mix it well.
- Now add boneless chicken, salt as per taste, and water as required and cook it till it boils.
- After boiling, cook this mixture till the chicken is not soft and all the water has evaporated.
- Switch off the gas and take the vessel down and let the mixture cool down.
- After cooling, grind all the mixture and make a thick paste.
- Now add garlic, green chili, ginger, mint, and green coriander leaves to this paste and mix it well.
- Break the egg into another vessel and mix its liquid well.
- Now take a little mixture on your palm and make kebabs of flat round shape or the size of your choice.
- After making the kebabs, put a pan on the gas and put oil in it, and heat it.
- After the oil is hot, dip the kebabs in the egg liquid and put them in the hot oil.
- Fry it by turning it from both sides till it becomes golden (golden).
- After it is golden (golden), take it out in a vessel.
- Kebabs are ready to be served to your side.
- Now serve it hot with coriander or mint chutney or any other chutney of your choice.
Other recipes for you
I hope you like my other fish dish and other recipes like Fish Fry, Chicken Cutlet, Egg Curry, Chicken Angara, Mutton Curry, and Chicken Seekh Kebab. Apart from this, you can see my other types of recipes as well,