Best Easy Mumbai Street Style Pav Bhaji Recipe: Pav Bhaji is a famous snack dish from Mumbai and across Maharashtra. This is the famous and popular street food of Mumbai. Along with Maharashtra, it is equally popular outside Maharashtra. People eat this delicious dish with great fervor. People of all ages like this dish made by mixing healthy and delicious vegetables.
You can also change the vegetables used in making Pav Bhaji as per your choice. Served with buttered pav, this snack is made by mashing vegetables like peas, tomatoes, and potatoes, adding lemon juice and spices.
In view of the popularity of this world-famous Pav Bhaji recipe, now new experiments are being done on it. People have now started making paneer-flavored and mushroom-flavored pav bhaji as well.
You can easily make it at home. It is very easy to make at home, and the ingredients used in it are easily available in the market. You can make this Pav Bhaji recipe step by step by following our recipe, making Pav Bhaji tastier than the Pav Bhaji available outside your home, using vegetables of your choice.
So go ahead and make this famous Mumbai street food snack at your home by following our Pav Bhaji recipe and enjoying the taste of it with your friends and family.
Mumbai Street Style Pav Bhaji Ingredients
- 2 tbsp butter
- 3 tomatoes, finely chopped
- ¼ cup peas
- ½ capsicum, finely chopped
- 2 potatoes, boiled and mashed
- 1 tsp Kashmiri red chili powder
- 2 tsp pav bhaji masala
- 1/2 cup beetroot
- 2 tsp Kasoori methi
- 1 bunch of coriander leaves, finely chopped
- 1 tsp ginger garlic paste
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- ½ lemon juice
- 3 drops of red food color
- 2 tbsp oil
- salt to taste
For Bread (Pav)
- 6 Pav / Bread Roll
- Pav Bhaji Masala
How to Make Mumbai Street Style Pav Bhaji Recipe
- First, wash all the vegetables with clean water.
- After that, turn on the gas and put a big pan on it, and heat 1 tablespoon of butter in it.
- After the butter is heated, add 3 tomatoes, cup peas, capsicum, 2 boiled potatoes, 1/2 cup beetroot, and salt as per taste, and fry them for two to three minutes.
- Now add some water to it, mix it well, and boil it for 10 minutes.
- After boiling, mash the vegetables and now add 1 tsp chili powder, 1 tsp pav bhaji masala, 1 tsp Kasoori methi, and 2 tbsp coriander leaves.
- Sauté the mixture for a minute so the spices cook well.
- After that make a space in the middle by turning the vegetable mixture towards the edge of the pan.
- Heat a tsp butter and add tsp chili powder, tsp pav bhaji masala, 1 tsp Kasoori methi, 1 tbsp coriander leaves, 1 tsp ginger garlic paste, 1 onion, and juice of a lemon.
- Now fry it till the onions are well cooked.
- After that add some red food color and mix it well.
- Now add some water (as required) and boil it for 5 minutes.
- Then mash and boil this mixture till it becomes smooth and silky.
- Your bhaji is ready.
- Now heat the butter and spread the butter on the pav.
- After that sprinkle the bhaji masala on the pav.
- Now keep the pan on the gas and roast the pav till it turns golden brown.
- Lastly, serve pav bhaji with chopped onions, coriander, lemon, butter, and bread (pav).
More recipes for you
You may like to see my other recipes like Chili Paneer, Chicken Chili, Soya bean Manchurian, Butter Paneer Masala, Chicken noodles, Veg FrankieRoll, and Italian Pasta recipes. Also, check my another verity of recipes like,