Shimla mirch paneer recipe: It is also known as the paneer capsicum recipe. It is a North Indian well-known dish. It is a famous paneer capsicum vegetable of Punjab. This is made in almost all households in North India.
This delicious dish taste is somewhat sweet and somewhat pungent which appeals to everyone. Specially Vegetarian people like it very much. In this recipe, you will find paneer capsicum recipe dry. Since it is dry, it can also be prepared and given in the lunch box.
Its making is easy and simple. The ingredients required for its preparation are often available in our kitchen. It is also easily available in the market. You can make it at your home with the help of our Shimla mirch paneer recipe. Make this paneer capsicum recipe at your home on any weekend and enjoy its taste with your family.
Paneer capsicum recipe ingredients
- 250 grams paneer (cut into cubes or long slices)
- 2 capsicum/Shimla mirch (cut into cubes or long slices)
- 1 large onion (diced or cut into long slices)
- 2 tomatoes (cut into cubes or long slices)
- 2 green chilies (sliced lengthwise)
- ¼ tsp cumin
- ¼ tsp turmeric powder
- ½ tsp coriander powder
- ½ tsp red chili powder
- ¼ tsp garam masala
- oil as required
- salt to taste
- 2 tsp green coriander
Shimla Mirch Paneer Recipe
- First, peel the onions and wash tomatoes, capsicum, and green chilies with clean water.
- Cut the capsicum, take out its seeds and make pieces of it.
- Similarly cut onions, tomatoes, and green chilies and make pieces of your choice.
- Now put oil in the pan and heat it hot.
- After the oil is hot, put paneer pieces in it and fry them from both sides till they turn light golden in color.
- Fry all the pieces and take them out on a plate.
- Put cumin seeds in the same oil and let it crackle a bit.
- Now put onion pieces in it and fry on medium flame till it turns light brown.
- After that add pieces of capsicum, mix, and cook on a medium flame for a minute.
- After a minute, remove the lid and stir the mixture with a spatula add tomato and mix it after adding pieces.
- After that add red chili powder, coriander powder, cumin powder, turmeric powder, and salt and mix it well.
- Now cover it and cook it on medium to low flame for 1 – 2 minutes.
- After this, remove the lid and mix the vegetables again.
- Now add fried paneer and mix it gently in the mixture and cover it.
- Reduce the flame to medium-low and cook it for one minute.
- After 1 minute, open the lid and add garam masala powder to it and mix it.
- After that cover it and cook for a minute and after a minute turn off the gas.
- Your delicious paneer capsicum curry is ready.
- Garnished with green coriander leaves and serve it.
- Frying paneer till it becomes light brown increases its taste. If you want, you can fry it till light brown and if you don’t like it, don’t.
- Buy a big piece of paneer and cut it into pieces or buy paneer cubes available in the market.
- Chili quantity can be increased or decreased to increase or decrease the spiciness.
- Don’t use overripe capsicum and don’t cut it too thin, in both cases the crunch of capsicum doesn’t remain.
Other recipes for you
I hope you like my other dish recipes like the Tomato cheese recipe or the Tomato paneer recipe, Kadai paneer recipe, shahi paneer recipe, Matar paneer recipe, Paneer tikka recipe, and Paneer paratha recipe. Apart from this, you can see my other types of recipes as well,