Friends, today we will learn the Bread Pakora recipe. It is also called Bread Pakoda Recipe. This dish is a famous street food dish in Delhi. This stuffed bread Pakoda can be called Indian Bread Fritter. These are bread dumplings filled with potatoes. At present, this street food dish is being eaten with great interest at roadside stalls in major cities of our country. It is liked by children and adults alike. If it is winter or rainy season then the fun of eating it is something else.
We can eat bread pakoras in the evening tea and morning breakfast. We can also give it in children’s tiffin. Crispy from the outside and soft from the inside, Bread Pakora is such a great snack. If guests come to your house, you can serve them these pakoras with hot tea, chutney, and sauce. The method of making bread pakora is very easy and very simple. We can make it at our home also. It does not cost much to make it.
Its making is very easy. Many of the Bread Pakora ingredients are available in our kitchen. The ones that are not there are also easily available in the market. Whenever you feel like eating it, or during tea time, or when guests come home, you can make it by following our Bread Pakoda Recipe / Bread Pakoda Recipe. Serve it with hot tea, chutney, and sauce. Enjoy its taste with your friends, guests, and family.
Bread Pakora ingredients / Bread Pakoda ingredients
- 6 bread slices
- 2 cups gram flour
- 4 potatoes (boiled)
- 2-3 tbsp Green coriander – (finely chopped)
- 1 tsp ginger paste
- 1 tsp curry leaves
- 1 ¼ tsp asafoetida
- 1-2 green chilies (finely chopped)
- 1 tsp coriander leaves
- ¼ tsp cumin
- ½ tsp red chili powder
- Turmeric powder less than ¼ tsp
- ½ tsp dry mango powder / Amchoor powder
- 1 tsp coriander powder
- ¼ tsp garam masala
- salt to taste
- as needed Oil for frying
How to make Bread Pakoda Pakora Recipe
- First, boil the potatoes and peel them off and mash them.
- Cut green chilies and coriander leaves.
- After that, take gram flour in a utensil and add salt and half red chili as per taste.
- Now prepare a batter of gram flour by adding little by little water to it.
- (After that prepare stuffing)
- Turn on the gas and keep a pan on it.
- Heat the pan and put 1 tbsp oil in it.
- When the oil becomes hot, add cumin, curry leaves, asafoetida, green chilies, turmeric powder, and ginger paste, and fry the spices a little.
- After that add red chili powder, coriander powder, potato, garam masala, salt, dried mango powder, and green coriander and mix well and fry for 2 to 3 minutes.
- Your stuffing is ready, take it out on a plate and keep it to cool down.
- Cut the bread slices into two parts in the shape of a triangle or in the shape you want to make bread pakoras.
- Put a pan on the gas and heat oil in it,
- Now take the bread and spread a layer of stuffing on it, put another piece of bread on top of it, give a light pressure, and close it.
- Spread a layer of stuffing in the remaining bread as well and close it.
- Now take a piece of bread, wrap it in gram flour batter, and put it in hot oil.
- After that, deep fry the bread pakoras till they turn brown.
- Now put a napkin on a plate and keep the bread pakoras in it.
- Make the remaining bread pakoras in the same way.
- Your bread pakoras or stuffed bread pakoras are ready.
- Serve it hot with tea, green coriander chutney, or tomato sauce.
- While making gram flour batter, keep in mind that it should not be too thick and should not be too thin. Similarly while making the batter, beat it well. By beating well, the Pakodas become crispy and puff up.
- If you want to make bread pakoras more crispy, add some rice flour to the gram flour mixture. This makes the top layer of bread pakoras crispy.
- If you want, instead of cutting the bread first, put stuffing in the bread and close it, you can cut it later also.
- After the oil is well heated, put pakoras in it, by doing this stuffed pakoras are made.
Other recipes for you
I hope you like my other dish recipes like Chana Dal Pakora Recipe, Onion Pakora Recipe, Kadhi Pakora Recipe, Fish Pakora Recipe, and Paneer Pakora Recipe. Apart from this, you can see my other types of recipes as well,