The name Amritsari Kulcha itself suggests that it is a dish from Punjab, that is, North India. Amritsari Kulcha Recipe is our today’s recipe, with the help of which we will learn how to make Amritsari Kulcha. The recipe for making Amritsari Kulcha is definitely a bit laborious, but you will learn very soon with practice. The taste of this famous dish of Punjab will motivate you to learn quickly.
This Amritsari Kulcha is very famous as street food. It is served with chole. A lot of butter (ghee) is used in its preparation. This is heavy food, if you like heavy food for breakfast then you can eat it for breakfast also. It is liked by children and adults alike. Because this dish is famous as street food, we often eat it from roadside shops. But we can make it at home too.
You can make this delicious dish of Punjab at your home by following our Amritsari Kulcha recipe You can make it for breakfast, at a weekend party, or when guests come home. After that serve it or with any rasa sabzi like chana masala/chole, paneer sabzi, or potato sabzi. Enjoy its taste with your friends, guests, and family members.
Amritsari Kulcha Ingredients – Potato Kulcha Ingredients
- 500 grams flour
- 2 tbsp curd
- 1 tsp oil
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp sugar
- salt – as per taste
To make stuffing
- 300 grams potatoes
- 200 grams of butter/ghee
- 1 cup onion, chopped
- 2 green chilies (finely chopped)
- 1 inch long piece of ginger
- 1 tsp coriander powder
- 1/4 tsp garam masala
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 tbsp green coriander
- 1/2 tsp dried mango powder
- 1/2 tsp Kashmiri red chili powder
- salt to taste
Potato Kulcha Recipe
- First, boil the potatoes and keep them cool down.
- Mix all-purpose flour and curd in a mixing bowl.
- After mixing, add baking soda, baking powder, and sugar to it and mix well.
- After that add lukewarm water little by little and knead the flour.
- After kneading, cover it with a cotton cloth and keep it aside for two to two and a half hours.
- Now grate ginger, chopped green chilies, and onions.
- After this, peel the boiled potatoes and take another bowl and mash them well.
- After that add chopped onion, garam masala powder, Kashmiri red chili powder, green chili, cumin, grated ginger, and other spices and mix.
- Your potato stuffing is ready to make kulchas.
- Now knead the kneaded dough one more time and make balls out of it.
- Take a ball and press it lightly in the middle and close the ball by placing some potato stuffing there.
- Add green coriander leaves on top, mix it and roll the dough into a round shape.
- Now turn on the gas and heat a non-stick tava (griddle) and place a rolled kulcha on it.
- Cook it till it is slightly cooked, then turn it over and cook it a little from the other side as well.
- Now cook it on an open flame till it turns golden brown from both sides.
- Similarly, make kulchas from the remaining flour and stuffing.
- After each Kulcha is cooked, brush it with butter.
- Serve Amritsari Kulcha with any raas sabzi like paneer sabzi, aloo sabzi.
Suggested recipes from us
f you love Paneer dishes then sure these are my paneer recipes for you. Mawa Paratha – Khoya Paratha, Methi Paratha, Mawa Paratha or Khoya Paratha, and Paneer Paratha recipes. Some more recipes you may like,