Malpua Recipe: It is a sweet dish of North India. Although this traditional dish is made all over India, it is very popular in Maharashtra, West Bengal, Odisha, and Nepal. It is made in a very easy way. And it is very tasty.
It is also eaten with Kheer or Rabri. That is why it is also known as Kheerpua. Malpua is made both veg and non-veg. Both types of Malpua are delicious. Eggs are used to make non-veg Malpua. Mawa Malpua is made in Rajasthan by mixing Mawa in making Malpua.
This traditional dish is prepared at different festivals in different states of the country. Most people like its sweet taste. Today we are telling you the method of making syrup-filled and soft Veg Malpua. Its making is very easy. We can easily make it at home.
It takes a few materials to make it. Often this material is available in our homes. Even if it is not there, it is easily available in the market. You can make it at your home on the occasion of any festival or on any weekend by following our Malpua recipe and enjoying its taste.
Ingredients for Malpua Recipe
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 cups milk
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup cream
- Ghee – for frying
- 4 small cardamom (finely ground)
- 10 pistachios (finely chopped)
- First, take a utensil and put all-purpose flour in it.
- Now add milk little by little and mix it. (Adding milk together makes dough lumps. That’s why add milk little by little and mix it.)
- After that add cream to it and mix.
- After mixing flour, milk, and cream, keep it aside for 15 minutes.
- Grind cardamom and make its powder.
- Similarly, finely chop the pistachios.
- Now put 1 cup sugar and 1 cup water in equal quantity in a vessel.
- After that put ground cardamom powder in it.
- When sugar dissolves well in water, cook it on low flame for 3-4 minutes.
- Take it down after it is cooked.
- Now keep a pan on the gas.
- Put ghee in it and heat it. (Add as much ghee as it remains 1 inch above the bottom of the pan.)
- After the ghee is well heated, put 3 tbsp flour (from the prepared flour) in the pan.
- Let the spread flour i.e. Malpua cook from below.
- When it turns golden from the bottom side, turn it over.
- Make the gas medium so that the Malpua gets cooked from the inside.
- In 5-6 minutes, when the Malpua is cooked well from both sides and inside, take it out and put it in the sugar syrup.
- After 3-4 minutes, take out the Malpua from the syrup.
- Similarly, make Malpuas of the rest of the flour.
- Now your Malpua is ready,
- Garnish it with finely chopped pistachios and serve hot.
- While making the paste of flour and milk, keep in mind that it should not be too thin. If it is too thin, it will stick to the bottom of the pan.
- After the ghee is well heated, put the flour in the pan, or else the Malpua will get spoiled.
- Malpua should be taken out of the pan and put in sugar syrup immediately, syrup does not go into Malpua when it cools down.
- The sugar syrup remains warm due to the heat of Malpua, but if it cools down due to any reason, heat the sugar syrup lukewarm.
Other recipes for you
I hope you like to see my other recipes like Besan Ke Laddu, Motichoor Laddu, Rabdi/Rabri, Vanilla Ice Cream, Mango Ice Cream, Pan Ice Cream, and Strawberry Ice Cream Recipe. Apart from this, you can see my other types of recipes as well,