Recipe for Balushahi: Balushahi sweets made of fine flour are very tasty to eat. This North Indian sweet is also called Khurma and Khasta. That’s why we can also call it the Khurma recipe or the Khasta recipe. People like it very much all over India. You will find a lot of Balushahi lovers. Balushahi Recipe is one of the famous recipes and sweets of India.
If you are fond of eating sweets, then you would know the sweet and aromatic taste of Balushahi and you might also be a Balushahi lover. It is easily available at the sweet shops in the market. It is often made on any occasion of happiness or festivals or it is eaten after buying it from the market.
This is a traditional sweet made in India. We know that Balushahi is also very famous in the state of Maharashtra. We often see it being made in hotels. Desi ghee is used in its preparation, due to which its fragrance spreads far and wide while making it.
It is easy to make. It takes fewer ingredients to make it. And most of its ingredients are available in our kitchen. You can make it at your home by following our Recipe for Balushahi on any happy occasion and enjoy its taste with your family.
Balushahi Recipe Ingredients
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 500 g sugar
- 1/2 cup ghee
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 2 – 3 cardamom (crushed)
- salt to taste
- Dryfruits (finely chopped)
Recipe for Balushahi
- First, take all-purpose flour in a vessel and add soda, salt, and ghee to it and mix.
- Now add some water to it and knead it a little.
- Now keep it for 25 sets.
- Meanwhile, put a pan on the gas, put sugar in it, mix water in it and let it cook. Keep stirring it with a spoon in between.
- After the sugar dissolves well in water, add crushed cardamom to it and stir it with a spoon.
- Now reduce the flame of the gas and cook the syrup till it becomes slightly thick.
- When the sugar syrup becomes thick after cooking, turn off the gas and remove the sugar syrup from the gas and keep it down.
- After that take cardamom husk and finely chop dry fruits.
- Knead it a little after 25 minutes.
- Make medium-sized balls of dough.
- To make a ball round with both palms to give it the shape of Balushahi
- Make a depression in it by pressing it with the thumb from both sides.
- Similarly, make the remaining balls in the shape of Balushahi.
- Turn on the gas and put a pan on it and put ghee in it and heat it.
- When the ghee becomes hot, put the Balushahi in it.
- Keeping the flame low and medium, fry the Balushahi till it turns brown from both sides.
- After the Balushahi turns brown, take it out on a plate.
- Fry the remaining Balushahi in the same way.
- Put Balushahi in light hot sugar syrup.
- After being soaked for 5 minutes, take them out one by one with tongs and keep them on a plate.
- Garnish it with dried fruits and let it cool down.
- Your BalooShahi is ready.
- You can store it in an air-tight container and eat it later.
Other recipes for you
I hope you like to see my other recipes like Besan Ke Laddu, Motichoor Laddu, Rabdi/Rabri, Vanilla Ice Cream, Mango Ice Cream, Pan Ice Cream, and Strawberry Ice Cream Recipe. Apart from this, you can see my other types of recipes as well,