Poha Recipe, Kanda Poha Recipe is a Maharashtrian Poha Recipe or Kanda Poha Recipe. Flattened rice is called Poha. Hence you can call its recipe a Flattened rice recipe. This is a famous snack recipe from western India made from Poha and is also a traditional breakfast recipe. If you want to prepare and serve it in less time, then this Kanda Poha is a great breakfast option for you.
It is a healthy snack apart from being very tasty in taste. Among its good qualities, good quality is also that eating it helps in keeping the digestive system right. In this, the calorie work is in quantity.
Nowadays this recipe is a famous street food recipe in Mumbai Maharashtra. People go through a busy life in a city like Mumbai. This nutritious dish made in a short time is a boon. This is a healthy and easy recipe. This dish made from onion and Poha is prepared in many different ways. Many other dishes are also made from Poha in Maharashtra.
There are more different Poha recipes in other states of India too, there are different types of making it. Chura Matar recipe is known as North Indian Poha Recipe. There are two types of Poha, one is thin Poha and the other is thick Poha. Kanda Poha is made from both types of Poha. And Kanda Poha made from both types of Poha is equally delicious.
Let us learn to make Kanda Poha today. You can make Kanda Poha by following our Poha recipe / Maharashtrian Kanda Poha recipe. The ingredients used to make it are available in our homes. And also is easily available in the market. Make it and eat it yourself, feed it to children and enjoy its taste with other family members.
Flattened Rice Ingredients / Kanda Poha Recipe Ingredients
- 3 cups Poha (Flattened rice), thick
- 2 onions, finely chopped
- 4 tbsp peanuts
- 2 tsp sugar
- 2 tsp cumin
- 4 tbsp oil
- 2 tsp mustard
- 4 chilies, finely chopped
- 4 tbsp coconut, grated
- 1/4 tsp turmeric
- 4 tbsp coriander, finely chopped
- 4 tsp lemon juice
- a pinch of asafoetida
- some curry leaves
- salt to taste
Poha Recipe / Kanda Poha Recipe
- First, take Poha in a big bowl and soak it in water.
- Keep it soaked till it becomes soft.
- Wash the onion, and chili and chop them finely.
- After the Poha becomes soft, take out its water and add sugar and salt as per taste and mix it well.
- Now turn on the gas and put a pan on it and pour oil in it.
- After the oil is hot, add peanuts to it and fry it on low heat.
- When the peanuts become crisp, take them out in a separate vessel.
- After that add mustard seeds, cumin seeds, a pinch of asafoetida, and some curry leaves and fry them too.
- Now add chopped onion and chili and cook it.
- Fry it till the onion shrinks but take care that the onion does not turn brown.
- After the onion shrinks, add turmeric to it and cook it well.
- After that add soaked Poha and roasted peanuts and mix them slowly.
- Now keep the lid on it and cover it for 6-7 minutes.
- Finally, add coconut, coriander, and lemon juice to it.
- Your Kanda Poha is ready. If you want, put Sev on top of the Poha as per your choice and serve it.