Bottle gourd recipe: It is also called the Ghiya ki Sabzi recipe or Lauki ki Sabji recipe. this is also a north indian recipe for the Bottle gourd. Well, there are many ways or recipes to cook gourd. This is a simple and easy gourd recipe. This is one of the famous gourd recipes.
Gourd also contains Vitamin A, Vitamin B, Vitamin C, Vitamin E, and iron. Due to this, it is very beneficial for the body. That’s why people eat and drink it especially by making its juice, which is very beneficial.
As I have said earlier it is easy to make. You can make it very easily at home. The ingredients used to make it are also easily available in the market.
You can make it by following our Bottle Gourd recipe / Lauki ki Sabji recipe and serving it with rice, roti, paratha, etc. Enjoy its taste with your family and stay healthy too.
Bottle gourd recipe Ingredients
- 500 grams bottle gourd
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 11/2 tomatoes, chopped
- 3/4 tsp Kashmiri red chili powder
- 1/2 tsp coriander powder
- 1/2 tsp turmeric powder
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp ginger garlic paste
- 1/4 tsp garam masala
- 1-inch cinnamon
- 2 tbsp coriander leaves, finely chopped
- 1 pinch Asafoetida
- 1 bay leaf
- salt to taste
Ghiya ki sabzi recipe/Bottle gourd recipe
- First, peel the bottle gourd and make small pieces of it.
- After that chop the onion, tomato, and coriander.
- Now turn on the gas and put a big pan and put some oil in it.
- After the oil is hot, add bay leaves, cinnamon, and cumin seeds to it. Fry it till it becomes fragrant.
- After that add onion, and ginger garlic paste and fry it till it turns golden brown.
- Now add turmeric, chili powder, coriander powder, and salt as per taste in this mixture.
- Lower the flame and fry it till the aroma comes.
- Now put tomatoes in it and fry it till it becomes soft.
- After that put a Bottle Gourd in it and fry it for 2-3 minutes.
- After frying add water as required and mix it well.
- Now cover the pan and cook the gourd till it gets cooked well.
- After cooking, add garam masala, Asafoetida, and coriander to it.
- Your gourd curry is ready.
- Now take it out in a serving bowl and garnish it with coriander.
- Serve hot with roti, rice, paratha, etc.