Recipe for Basundi in English: This is a sweet dish made from milk. It is prepared by adding almonds, pistachios, and saffron to milk. This is an amazing-tasting dish. It is often made during festivals. This dish is made at festivals like Holi, Diwali, Dussehra, and Navratri.
Basundi is very famous in Maharashtra, Gujarat, and Karnataka. It is made in western and southern Indian states. In these states, people make it as a hobby during the festival. It is almost similar to North Indian Cuisine Rabri. It is made by thickening the milk and adding dry fruits and saffron to it.
Basundi is looks like rabadi. Or you can say that the rabadi of North India has thickened and become Basundi in West and South India. There is a slight difference between these two. There is a difference in thickness between these two. Basundi is thicker than rabri. Basundi is served as the main dish while Rabri is served as a complement to other sweet dishes like Rasmalai, Malpua, and Shahi Tukda.
The Basundi recipe is a very simple recipe. It is easy to make. We can easily make it at home. Its material is also readily available in the market. You can make it with the help of our Basundi recipe in English and enjoy its taste with your friends and family.
Recipe for Basundi Ingredients
- 1 liter of milk
- 1 tablespoon cashews
- ¼ tsp saffron (20-25 threads)
- 1 tablespoon of almonds
- ½ cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon of pistachios
- 4 small cardamoms
Recipe for Basundi
- First, soak saffron in 3 teaspoons of warm milk.
- After that, peel the cardamom and make their powder.
- Similarly, finely chop the almonds, cashews, and pistachios.
- Now put milk in a bowl and mix it with saffron.
- Turn on the gas and place a large deep pan on it and pour milk in it.
- Heat the milk while stirring occasionally.
- When the milk starts boiling, reduce the flame.
- Bring it to a boil on low flame stirring constantly.
- When the milk thickens to 2/3, add the rest of the ingredients.
- Now boil this mixture for another 3-4 minutes and switch off the gas.
- After it cools down a bit, put it in a serving bowl.
- Keep stirring it continuously even during cooling so that the cream does not come on the milk.
- After that put it in the refrigerator to cool for 5 to 6 hours.
- Your Basundi is ready.
- You can garnish it as per your choice and serve it.
Other recipes for you
I hope you like to see my other recipes like Besan Ke Laddu, Motichoor Laddu, Rabdi/Rabri, Vanilla Ice Cream, Mango Ice Cream, Pan Ice Cream, and Strawberry Ice Cream Recipe. Apart from this, you can see my other types of recipes as well,