Arbi recipe / Taro root recipe: It is also called the Arbi ki Sabji recipe or the Ghuiya ki Sabji recipe. It is a traditional Punjabi dish. It tastes delicious. Children like it very much. Apart from being delicious, it is also very nutritious.
By the way, it is a vegetable available in the summer season. But nowadays this is available throughout the year in the market. It is very easy to make this vegetable. Using celery and asafoetida in its preparation makes it very easy to digest. From a health point of view, this vegetable is very beneficial.
You too can easily make it at your home. The ingredients used to make it are easily available in the market. You make it with the help of this Arbi recipe / Taro root recipe and enjoy the taste of it with your family.
Arbi Recipe Ingredients / Arbi ki Sabji Recipe Ingredients
- 500 grams arbi
- 11/2 onions
- 4 tomatoes
- 4 green chilies
- 1 pinch asafoetida
- 1/2 tsp celery
- 11/2 tsp mustard
- 1 1/2 tsp cumin
- 11/2 tsp ginger garlic paste
- 1/2 tsp turmeric powder
- 3 tsp coriander powder
- 11/2 tsp red chili powder
- 1/2 tsp garam masala
- salt to taste
- oil as needed
- 2 tbsp coriander leaves
How to make Arbi ki Sabji Recipe / Arbi Recipe
- First, peel the Arbi and cut it into small slices.
- After that add some salt to the sliced Arbi and keep it covered for 10 minutes.
- Now finely chop the onion, tomato, coriander leaves, and green chilies.
- After 10 minutes wash the Arbi thoroughly with clean water.
- Then turn on the gas and put a pressure cooker on it and put oil in it.
- After the oil is hot, add asafoetida, mustard seeds, cumin, and carom seeds.
- When these ingredients start crackling, then add onion and fry it till it becomes light golden.
- After the onion turns light golden, add green chilies and fry it lightly.
- After that add tomatoes and salt and cook it.
- Then when the oil is seen separating from the tomato, then add turmeric powder, red chili, and coriander powder and fry it.
- After that, when oil appears from the spices, then add Arbi.
- Fry the Arbi till all the spices get mixed in the Arbi.
- After roasting the Arbi, add water according to the gravy you want.
- After that close the lid of the cooker.
- Wait for 3 to 4 whistles, after that turn off the flame of the gas.
- Now, wait till the cooker cools down, and open the lid after it cools down.
- After that add garam masala and cook it a little.
- Your Arbi or arbi ki sabzi is ready.
- Take it out in a serving bowl and garnish it with coriander leaves.
- Serve it with poori, paratha, roti, or rice, and enjoy Arbi ki sabzi.
Other recipes for you
I hope you like my other dish recipes like Potato Pakoda, Puran Poli, Frankie Roll, Soybean Kebabs, Medu Wada, and Halwa Puri. Apart from this, you can see my other types of recipes as well,