Masala Dosa Recipe / Dosa Recipe is a famous dish in South India. This is one of the delicious dishes of South India. It is said that this is the dish from Udupi, Karnataka. But at this time almost all over India and outside India this dish is eaten and liked. You can eat it any time of the day. You can eat all three times for breakfast in the morning, in the afternoon lunch, or in the evening dinner.
Masala Dosa / Dosa is light food, it is easy to digest. Therefore, people of any age can eat and digest it. It is light to digest as well as healthy also. If you eat it, you will feel like eating again and again. It is eaten with coconut chutney or sambar.
By the way, people think that it is difficult to make it and buy it from the market. But we can also make it at home. This is easy to make. You can make Masala dosa at your home very easily by following this recipe. So let’s learn the Masala Dosa recipe / Dosa recipe today.
Masala Dosa Recipe Ingredients
- 250 grams of rice
- 75 grams Urad Dal
- 1 teaspoon fenugreek seeds
- 2 potatoes
- 1 small onion (chopped)
- 2_3 Green Chili (Chopped)
- 1 teaspoon ginger garlic paste
- 7_8 curry leaves
- 1 teaspoon mustard seed/rai
- 1/2 teaspoon turmeric powder
- 1/4 teaspoon red chili powder
- Salt to taste
Masala Dosa Recipe
- First, wash the rice.
- After that wash the fenugreek seeds and mix them in the rice.
- After mixing, keep the rice for 3 hours in water.
- Also, in another bowl, put urad dal in water and keep it soaking for 3 hours.
- Put potatoes in a cooker with water and boil it.
- Once boiled, remove and peel the potatoes.
- After 3 hours, grind rice and urad dal in a mixer and make a batter(paste).
- After that keep the batter/paste for 5 hours.
- After 5 hours, add a little water and dilute the batter/paste.
- Put the pot on the gas and add 3 tablespoons of oil.
- When the oil is hot, add mustard seed/rai and cook it a little.
- After that add ginger garlic paste and green chili and fry it a little.
- When the ginger garlic paste is slightly golden, add the onion and curry leaves and cook it a little.
- After that add mashed potato and mix well.
- After mixing, add salt, turmeric powder, and red chili powder to taste and mix.
- Once mixed, cover the pot for 1 to 2 minutes and cook the potatoes on low heat.
- Turn off the gas when cooked.
- Put the vessel on the gas and heat it.
- When the pot gets hot, add dosa batter/paste and spread it slowly.
- Reduce the flame and add some oil over the dosa.
- When the dosa is cooked from above, add potatoes.
- Put the potato and spread it with a spoon and heat it slightly.
- Once hot, close the dosa and take it out on the plate.