Medu Vada Recipe is a famous South Indian dish. It is crispy and very tasty. It is a snack dish made from urad dal. Commonly those who like to eat South Indian dishes love it as a snack dish.
This vada is served with sambar, red chutney, and coconut chutney. Some people like to eat it with tomato sauce. Children and elders both like to eat it. You can make and serve your children or guests in the morning breakfast or in the evening breakfast.
This is easy to make. The material required to make this is easily available. We can make it easily without any problem at home. So let us make tasty and crispy Medu Vada by following this Medu Vada recipe today.
Medu Vada Recipe Ingredients
- 2 cups black lentil (urad dal)
- 3 Green Chilies (Chopped)
- 1 teaspoon Ginger (Chopped)
- 1 teaspoon cumin seeds
- 2 tablespoons rice flour
- 1 teaspoon pepper powder
- 1 teaspoon Asafoetida
- 5-6 curry leaves
- Oil, salt
How To Make Medu Vada / Medu Vada Recipe
- First, wash the black lentil (urad dal) and put it in a pot.
- After that add two cups of water and keep the black lentil (urad dal) soaked for 10 hours.
- After 10 hours grind black lentil (urad dal) in a mixer and prepare the paste.
- When the paste become ready take it out in a bowl.
- After that add rice flour, ginger, green chilies, cumin, asafetida, black pepper powder, salt, and curry leaves and mix well.
- Once mixed, add 2 teaspoons of oil and mix it well.
- Once mixed, take the paste in your hand and make it into the shape of Medu Vada.
- Put the pot on the gas and pour oil.
- Once the oil is hot, add Medu vada and fry it.
- Turn off the gas after frying.
Other recipes for you
I hope you like my other dish recipes like Potato Pakoda, Puran Poli, Frankie Roll, Soybean Kebabs, Medu Wada, and Halwa Puri. Apart from this, you can see my other types of recipes as well,