Spinach Dal Recipe/ Dal Palak Recipe: Palak Dal recipe is a famous and popular recipe in India. This dish is very tasty and at the same time, it is also digestive and nutritious. This dish is prepared by mixing different ingredients with spinach. And many pulses are also mixed and made with spinach. Today we will make spinach Dal from lentils.
Protein, minerals, and fiber are in large quantities in this dish. Due to this pulse is nutritious. And if we talk about the taste, then it is very wonderful to eat. This dish is digestive and gets digested quickly. The amount of cholesterol decreases in the body, which leads to weight loss.
We know that spinach also contains a lot of calcium, vitamins, and protein which helps in strengthening our bones. This increases the immunity of the body. In this way, spinach is very beneficial for us. This should be used in our food. We can easily make it at our home. It is easy to make. The ingredients used to make it are easily available in the market.
You can make this dish at your home by following my Spinach Dal Recipe /Dal Palak Recipe step by step and enjoying its taste. Serve it as a weekend dinner. You can have it with Paratha, Roti, Naan, Chapati, Paneer Pulao, Jeera Rice, or Rice, Peas Pulao for lunch or dinner.
Dal Palak Recipe ingredients /Spinach Dal Recipe Ingredients
- 200 grams masoor dal
- 3 tomatoes (medium size)
- 1 bunch spinach
- 1-inch-long ginger piece
- 4 green chilies
- 2 garlic
- ½ tsp turmeric powder
- ¼ tsp red chili powder
- 1 tsp cumin powder
- 1 tbsp coriander leaves (finely chopped)
- salt to taste
Spinach Dal Recipe/ Dal Palak Recipe
- First, wash the dal and soak it for a while.
- After that put ginger, garlic, green chilies, and tomatoes in the mixer and grind them finely.
- Now wash the spinach leaves with clean water and chop them finely.
- After that turn on the gas and keep the cooker on it.
- Now put oil/ghee in the cooker and heat it.
- Put cumin in it and fry it.
- After that add turmeric powder and stir it with a spoon.
- Now add ground tomato, green chili, ginger paste, and red chili powder and mix it.
- Fry this space for 3 to 4 minutes.
- After roasting the spices, add lentils and chopped spinach leaves to it.
- Mix masala dal, and spinach well.
- After that fry for 2-3 minutes stirring with a spoon.
- Now add salt and water as per taste and mix it.
- After that close the lid of the cooker.
- Turn off the gas after one whistle.
- When the pressure of the cooker gets over, then open the lid of the cooker.
- Your Spinach dal/ dal palak is ready.
- Take out the Spinach dal in a serving bowl and garnish it with green coriander.
Note: The taste of Dal Palak is enhanced by (Tadka) tempering it. For tempering, put 1 teaspoon of oil/ghee in a small pan and heat it on the gas. Add 1/4 tsp cumin and whole red chilies to it and roast it. After that turn off the gas, add 1 pinch of red chili, and mix it. After that put the (Tadka) tempering in the lentils and stir it lightly.