Spicy Potato Recipe, Chatpata Aloo Recipe, or Masala Aloo Recipe is a popular recipe in Mumbai. This is one of the vegetarian dishes. This dish is famous all over the country. Children or older everyone eats it with great fervor.
If you feel like eating potatoes, then Chatpata Aloo is a great option. In North India, this spicy potato is eaten on fasting days. But if you want, you can make and eat them anytime.
They can also be given as starters at parties. You can eat it with paratha at lunch. You can also serve it with spinach dal. Similarly, it can be packed in the children’s lunch boxes and given.
If you are hungry in the evening, you can make spicy potatoes at such times. It is easy to make. If you have already prepared the spice used in this, then it is made in a very short time.
Follow this Spicy potato recipe, Chatpata Aloo Recipe, or Masala potato recipe and make it at home. You should also eat and enjoy its taste and feed the children too. Your children will be very happy and see them happy you too.
Spicy Potato Recipe Ingredients / Masala Potato Recipe Ingredients / Chatpata Aloo Recipe Ingredients
- 1 kg potato
- 1/2 Kanda (Chopped)
- 2 teaspoons red chili powder
- 25 grams tamarind
- 4 tablespoons oil
- Curry leaves, coriander leaves
Spicy Potato Recipe / Masala Potato Recipe / Chatpata Aloo Recipe
- First of all, put the cooker on the gas and pour water.
- After that add a little turmeric and a pinch of salt and boil the potato with 2 whistles.
- Once boiled, keep the potatoes to cool.
- When cooled, peel and cut the potatoes into small pieces.
- Put 4 spoons of oil on the utensil and put curry leaves and onion in it.
- Fry the onion till it becomes golden.
- After the onion turns golden, add a teaspoon of turmeric, red chili powder, tamarind, and salt as per taste and mix it well and cook on low flame for 2 minutes.
- After 2 minutes, add potato pieces and mix well and cover the pot for 5 to 6 minutes and cook on low heat.
- Turn off the gas when cooked.
- While serving, garnish it with green coriander.