The Spicy Matar Pulao recipe, Masala Matar Pulao Recipe is a popular recipe in India. Matar / Peas Pulao is a fun and equally popular dish. This dish is liked much in the winter season.
Green peas are also easily available in this season. Pea pulao is a perfect meal in itself. It can be eaten with lentils or mint chutney and raita, when it is eaten with raita, its taste increases further.
This is easy to make. We can make it easily at home. You can make this at your home by following this Spicy Matar Pulao recipe, Masala Matar Pulao Recipe. And enjoy its taste.
Spicy Matar Pulao recipe Ingredients
- 400 grams Basmati Rice
- 400 grams of peas
- 1 Onion
- 1,1 / 2 teaspoon ginger garlic paste
- 2-inch ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon garam masala powder
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 2-3 green chilies
- 1,1 / 2 teaspoon cumin seeds
- 1 mace
- 4_5 Cardamom
- 4 cloves
- 2-inch cinnamon
- 8-10 black peppercorns
- 2 bay leaves
Spicy Matar Pulao recipe / Peas Pulao Recipe
- Wash rice and soak it in water for 15 minutes.
- Put the pot on the gas and pour oil.
- When the oil is hot, add cumin, onion and garam masala (cloves, cardamom, black pepper, bay leaves, mace) and fry the onion until it becomes golden.
- After frying, add ginger garlic paste and half a cup of water, mix and cook the gas on a medium flame for 2 minutes.
- 2 minuets later add ginger, green chilies, garam masala powder, and salt as per taste and mix it well. When mixed, add peas and cook on a medium flame for 2 to 3 minutes.
- After 3 minutes, add rice and mix well and cook for two to 3 minutes.
- After that, add 600ml of water, increase the heat and let the water boil.
- Once the water comes to a boil, cover the pot and cook the casserole on low heat for 5 to 6 minutes.
- After completing 6 minutes, remove the lid from the vessel and stir the rice with a spoon.
- After that, place the casserole on the pan for 12 to 15 minutes.
- Turn off the gas after 15 minutes.