Recipe for Moong Dal Halwa: This is a popular dish. Everyone likes it. This is a North Indian sweet dish made mostly in winter. It is often served as a sweet dish at parties or weddings. It is also made on any special occasion or festival.
It is specially made after dinner in the winter season. Everyone likes this halwa made with ghee and moong dal. The fun of eating it in the winter season is something else.
Apart from serving this halwa as a dessert, it can also be served for breakfast. You can make this and store it for a few days. When you feel like eating, add some milk to it and heat it, and eat or serve it.
Apart from being delicious, this halwa/pudding is also rich in protein. Its basic ingredient is moong dal which is very beneficial for health. Consuming this cleans the intestines. And consuming it helps in controlling blood pressure.
Eating this increases metabolism and immunity in the body. Because it contains vitamins A, B, C, and E. Apart from these, there are many nutrients like potassium, iron, calcium, magnesium, copper, folate, fiber, etc. These are some moong dal halwa benefits.
It is easy to make. Its ingredients are also often available in our kitchen. Even if not, it is easily available in the market. You can make Moong Dal Halwa at your home in the evening with the help of our Recipe for Moong Dal Halwa, Recipe and enjoy its taste with your family after dinner.
Moong dal halwa ingredients / Ingredients for Moong Daal Halwa
- 100 grams moong dal
- 125 g sugar
- 100 grams ghee
- 100 grams Mawa
- 1/4 tsp cardamom powder
- 6 – 7 almonds
- 8 – 9 pistachios
- 20 – 22 cashews
Recipe for Moong Dal Halwa
- First, wash the dal with clean water and grind it.
- After that cut the nuts. (Cut almonds and pistachios thinly and cut cashews into 5 to 7 pieces.)
- After turning on the gas, put a pan on it and save 3 teaspoons of ghee in a bowl, and put the rest of the ghee in the pan.
- When the ghee melts, put the ground pulses in it.
- Keeping the flame on medium, roast the dal till it turns light brown and smells good (stirring continuously).
- Remove the pan from the gas and now keep the deep pan on the gas.
- After the pan is hot, add ghee to it.
- After melting the ghee, break the Mawa finely with your hand and put it in it.
- Fry the Mawa on low and medium flame until the color changes slightly brown and the aroma comes.
- Now turn off the gas and add Mawa to the roasted lentils and mix.
- After turning on the gas again, put a pan on it and put 1.5 cups of water and sugar in it.
- Stir sugar and cook till it becomes syrupy.
- Mix the sugar syrup by adding it to the mixture of roasted lentils and Mawa.
- After that add chopped almonds and cashews to it.
- Stir it continuously on medium flame, and cook till it becomes a thick pudding.
- After it thickens add cardamom powder and mix it.
- Now turn off the gas, your halwa is ready.
- Take out the halwa in a serving plate or bowl and pour some ghee on it.
- Garnish the halwa with chopped almonds and pistachios and serve.
Other recipes for you
I hope you like to see my other recipes like Besan Ke Laddu, Motichoor Laddu, Rabdi/Rabri, Vanilla Ice Cream, Mango Ice Cream, Pan Ice Cream, and Strawberry Ice Cream Recipe. Apart from this, you can see my other types of recipes as well,