Recipe for Kothimbir Vadi: It is a famous recipe and in the same way most of us also like to eat it. It has a distinct taste of its own. As the name suggests, Kothimbir i.e. Green Coriander is the basic ingredient of this recipe.
This is basically a Maharashtrian dish. But now its taste has made others crazy about it. Now people from other states also make it and eat it with passion. Often we see people ordering it in hotels. Especially is consumed as a snack dish.
We think of Kothimbir / coriander leaves as just a thing used in spices or a thing to garnish any dish. By using Kothimbir / coriander leaves in your food, the body remains healthy. Due to the nutrients present in Kothimbir, our skin remains good and healthy.
We can make and eat Kothimbir Vadi in any season. Different methods are used to make it crispy, crunchy, and spicy. In this recipe, how to make Crispy and Spicy Kothimbir Vadi is told.
It is easy to make. It is not necessary to go to the hotel to eat it. We can also make it at our home. The ingredients used in this are easily available in the market. You can make it by following this Recipe for Kothimbir Vadi and enjoying the taste of it with your family members.
Recipe for Kothimbir Vadi Ingredients
- 1 coriander leaves / Kothimbir bundle
- 200 grams gram flour
- 1 tsp white sesame,
- 1 tablespoon red chili
- 100 grams of rice flour,
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tsp turmeric,
- 10 to 15 garlic cloves,
- 1 tsp cumin,
- salt to taste
Recipe for Kothimbir Vadi
- First of all, finely chop the Kothimbir / Coriander leaves.
- After that take it out in a sieve and wash it with clean water.
- Now crush the garlic cloves.
- In a bowl add washed Kothimbir/Coriander leaves, gram flour, rice flour, white sesame, lemon juice, red chili powder, turmeric powder, crushed garlic cloves, salt as per taste, and a spoonful of oil and knead the mixture well.
- After kneading, roll this dough.
- Now put 2 cups of water in the cooker.
- Put a stand or plate in the water and place a vessel of Vadi on it.
- Close the lid of the cooker and keep the cooker on the gas.
- After that turn off the gas after 8 to 9 whistles in the cooker.
- After cooling, open the lid and take out the rolled dough after some time.
- Now keep the rolled dough on a plate and cut it with a spoon and make a Vadi.
- After that heat, the pan on the gas and put some oil in it.
- When the oil becomes hot, add the Vadis and fry them for 2-3 minutes.
- After 2-3 minutes, turn the Vadis over and pour some oil on them.
- After adding oil, fry the Vadis again for 2-3 minutes.
- Switch off the gas after frying.
- Hot Kothimbir Vadi / Coriander leaf Vadi is ready.
- Serve with tomato chutney as per your choice.
- Or consume it with chapati, roti, or paratha.