Delicious Mutton Khichda Recipe popularly related to Muharram or known as Muharram recipe. But non-vegetarian, people who eat mutton cook and eat it throughout the year. This dish is made of mutton and wheat along with other ingredients and is very tasty.
It takes time to make, but it is easy to make. The ingredients used to make it are easily available in the market. You can make it to your home. Make it at your home by following our Mutton Khichda recipe and enjoying its taste with your family.
Mutton Khichda recipe ingredients
- 750 grams of mutton
- 3 glasses porridge wheat
- 1 bowl chana dal
- 1 bowl moong dal
- 1 bowl chopped tomatoes
- 6-7 chopped green chilies
- 1 cups mint leaves
- 1 tsp red chili powder
- 1 tsp turmeric powder
- 1 tsp garam masala powder
- 1 tsp coriander powder
- 1 tsp onion paste
- 1 tsp ginger garlic paste
- 8-10 cloves
- 4-5 cardamom
- 8-10 black pepper
- some green coriander
- 3 tbsp oil
- salt to taste
Mutton khichda recipe
- First, wash the (porridge wheat) khichda wheat thoroughly with water and keep it soaked in water.
- After that wash the mutton.
- Add 3 cups of water, turmeric powder, and salt to taste in the washed mutton and boil it for three to four whistles.
- After that, put (porridge wheat) khichda wheat, chana dal, moong dal, 3 glasses of water, turmeric powder, and salt as per taste in another cooker.
- Now cook this mixture on high heat for 1 hour till the wheat becomes soft.
- After the wheat becomes soft, take it off the gas and mashed it well with a Masher.
- Grate till the wheat becomes smooth and fine.
- Now put oil in a vessel and heat it.
- After the oil is hot, add cloves, black pepper, cinnamon, cardamom, bay leaf, and fry it till it crackles.
- Now add onion paste and fry it till it turns brown.
- After it turns brown add ginger garlic paste and cooks it till the raw aroma of spices goes away.
- After cooking, add finely chopped tomatoes and mix them with a spoon.
- After that add coriander powder, red chili powder, garam masala, chopped green chilies, and mint to it.
- Mix all the spices well with a spoon.
- Cook it till the tomatoes become soft.
- After the tomatoes become soft, add boiled mutton to it.
- Mix the mutton well with the spices while stirring with a spoon.
- Roast it in spices for 3-4 minutes.
- After that put the crushed wheat in it and mix it well with a spoon.
- Now add chopped green coriander to it.
- Add water as required and cook it on a medium flame for 15-20 minutes.
- After 15-20 minutes turn off the gas and take it down. Take your Khichda is ready.
- If you do not get khichda wheat in the market, then you can take uncooked wheat and use it after grinding it in a (Khal Batta) mortar.
- If you want to keep the wheat in the shape of big pieces, then it should be mashed with Masher.
How to serve khicda
Take out the warm khichda in a bowl and serve it by putting chopped coriander leaves, chopped onion, lemon, salad.
Other recipes for you
I hope you like my other fish dish and other recipes like Fish Fry, Chicken Cutlet, Egg Curry, Chicken Angara, Mutton Curry, and Butter chicken recipes. Apart from this, you can see my other types of recipes as well,