Chicken Shawarma Recipe: Delicious shawarma is called a Chinese dish. But in reality, when the name of shawarma comes to mind, the Middle Eastern method comes to mind, in which the lamb meat is stacked layer after layer in a metal rod. And rotate it slowly in front of a fire or other source of heat. The outside meat is cooked slowly and then the top cooked layer is cut off for serving. It is a common delicious street food dish of tender, juicy and spicy meat.
Shawarma is also called shawarma and Shorma. Mouth-watering shawarma is quite popular in Lebanon especially, and the entire Middle East in general. But you will see that every non-veg eater eats it with a great passion due to its taste. Baked chicken pieces are marinated with yogurt, then rolled in pita bread, and served with tomato catch up or mayonnaise. It is also eaten for breakfast or as a snack. We can also make this delicious street food at home with very little effort.
How to make shawarma at home
This recipe of ours is different from the traditional recipe of Shawarma since it is cooked on gas or in the oven. Despite this, its taste and its softness are retained. Cooking chicken with onions draws out excess moisture in the pan, and this helps in making the chicken tenderer. In this recipe, we will make chicken meat shawarma, and serve it by placing vegetables like cucumber, lettuce, onion, and tomato on pita bread by rolling it.
Made from just a handful of everyday spices, shawarma tastes absolutely incredible. If seen, some everyday spices, garlic, lemon, and a sprinkle of olive oil add to its taste.
Today in this chicken shawarma recipe tasty Indian we will learn how to make shawarma at home without an oven or how to make shawarma in a frying pan or chicken shawarma recipe homemade or how to make shawarma at home.
Chicken Shawarma Recipe Ingredients
- 750 grams boneless chicken
- 3 cups all-purpose flour or flour
- 3 medium sized onions chopped
- 1 large sized tomato chopped
- 1 cucumber peeled and chopped
- 3 tsp garlic ginger paste
- ¾ tsp mustard powder
- 1 tsp chili sauce
- ¾ cup curd
- 4-5 tsp vinegar
- 1 tsp red chili powder
- Oil as required
- Salt to taste
- Mayonnaise sauce or tomato ketchup (as desired)
- Olive oil as required (as per your choice)
Chicken Shawarma Recipe
- First, wash the chicken pieces thoroughly with clean water and dry them after washing with a clean cloth.
- After that make thin and long pieces of chicken.
Chicken Shawarma Marinade
- Now we will make the marinade, for that prepare the marinade by mixing mustard powder, red chili powder, garlic ginger paste, 1 teaspoon oil, and salt in a glass bowl.
- Pour the prepared marinade on the chicken pieces from all sides.
- After putting the marinade on the chicken pieces, keep it in the fridge and leave it to marinate. (Can be kept from 1 hour to overnight as per your convenience).
- Now put 3 cups of all-purpose flour or flour in a vessel and knead it well by adding little water to it.
- Make small balls of the kneaded dough and roll them in the shape of roti and bake them.
- Now take a pan and put it on the gas and turn on the gas.
- Put 5 spoons of oil in a pan and heat it on medium heat.
- Now put the chicken pieces in the oil and cook for 20 to 25 minutes.
- After the chicken is cooked, take it out in a vessel and keep it aside.
- Taking the prepared bread, first put Mayonnaise sauce or tomato ketchup on it.
- Now make a layer of 2 spoons cooked chicken pieces on top of it.
- Make a layer of chopped onion, tomato, and cucumber on top of it.
- And now finally make a layer of curd over it and roll it and fold it.
- Now add olive oil as per your choice. Similarly, make chicken shawarma from the remaining rotis and other ingredients.
You can also cook chicken in the oven. For this, first, preheat the oven to 180 degrees Celsius. Cook the chicken in a pan till it turns brown from both sides. After that cook it for about 8 minutes in the oven heated at 180 degrees Celsius.
Other recipes for you
I hope you like my other fish dish and other recipes like Fish Fry, Chicken Cutlet, Egg Curry, Chicken Angara, Mutton Curry, and Butter chicken recipes. Apart from this, you can see my other types of recipes as well,