This is the Mawa Gujiya recipe or Khoya Gujiya recipe. It is also known as the Karanji recipe. Gujiyas are an Indian dessert. A famous dish and commonly made during the festival of Holi in North India. Uttar Pradesh, Rajasthan, and Madhya Pradesh. Gjiyas is made of maida or all-purpose flour and is sweet. These Gujiyas are filled with a mixture of Mawa and dry fruits. They are deep-fried in ghee and sometimes in refined oil. Also, they are dipped in a sugary syrup.
Gujiyas are made with different fillings with different dry fruits as per choice. it is easy to make it. All ingredients are easily available in local markets. Follow our Mawa Gujiya recipe or Khoya Gujiya recipe step by step and make it at your home and enjoy the taste of this Indian dessert with family
Mawa Gujiya recipe Ingredients / Mawa Gujiya Recipe Ingredients / Karanji Recipe Ingredients
- 4 cups refined flour
- 2 cups sugar
- 4 cup Mawa
- 2 Spoon green cardamom, powdered
- 2 Spoon almonds, finely chopped
- For the syrup:
- 2 cup sugar
- 2 cup water
Mawa Gujiya recipe / Khoya Gujiya recipe / Karanji Recipe
- First, add 1 cup ghee by rubbing it into the flour.
- Then with water knead into a stiff dough and keep it for 35 to 40 minutes.
- After that Saute the Mawa over medium heat until it’s slightly cooked.
- Switch off the gas and let it be cool.
- When it cools add almonds, cardamom, and sugar.
- Shape the filling into ovals concerning twenty cm length and one cm thickness.
- Then make balls of the dough and roll out into one cm in thick rounds.
- After that take a spherical, wet the perimeters with water, and place a chunk of filling over one and half
- Fold the half over and press the perimeters along to seal.
- As per your choice make the design by twisting and pinching along the sealed edge or cut off the ages with a cutter.
- With this method make Gujiyas of all dough.
- Then put kadhai on gas and add ghee to it and start gas.
- To see if the ghee is hot enough place a chunk of dough in it.
- If it comes up at once, add as many Gujiyas as fit in comfortably.
- Turn them over and lower the warmth to medium.
- Fry until golden brown on all sides.
- Take up and leave to empty on absorbent paper.
- Make syrup by cookery water and sugar along, until one thread consistency
- Then dip the Gujiyas in it, elevate and let dry on a plate.
- Fry the remainder, increasing the warmth for a couple of seconds before adding a subsequent heap.
- You can it these hot or at room temperature. You can also keep it in air-tight containers.
Other recipes for you
- Saffron Cardamom Ice Cream Recipe
- Strawberry Ice Cream Recipe
- Vegetarian Recipe
- Non-vegetarian recipe