The Lotus seeds or Makhana are cooked differently and people eat on the occasion of fasting. Spicy Lotus Seeds Recipe, Spicy Phool Makhana Recipe, and fox nuts recipe are popular recipes. If true, people consider Makhana as fast food (उपवास भोजन) and cook it accordingly. But the reality is that we can make it for breakfast too. We can make it to different tastes according to our choice.
We know that Makhana is a lotus seed and also known as fox nuts. If cooked properly, they are full of health. These are health enhancers as well as tasty ones. We can also enjoy its taste.
They are easy to make. They take less time and less material to make. You can make this at home by following our Spicy Lotus seeds Recipe, Masala Makhana Recipe, fox nuts recipe, and co-family and enjoy the taste of it.
Lotus seeds recipe Ingredients / Fox nuts recipe ingredients / Phool Makhana Recipe Ingredients
- 200 gms Makhana
- 2 tsp oil
- 2 tsp ghee
- ½ tsp red chili powder
- 2 tsp chaat masala
- ½ tsp jeera powder (roasted)
- salt to taste
Lotus seeds recipe/ Fox nuts recipe / Phool Makhana Recipe in English
- First, Put the pan on the gas and dry roast the Makhana in it on a low flame for 5-10 minutes.
- If we taste it, it should be crisp, fry it till it becomes crisp.
- After the Makhan is crisp, take it out on a plate and keep it on the side.
- Turn off the gas flame and immediately add ghee and oil to it.
- Then add salt, chaat masala, and (roasted) cumin powder to it.
- After pouring it, it will be slightly bubbly, mix the makhana in it immediately.
- Keep mixing it till the masala cooks well, and the spices are coated well on makhana.
- Your Masala Makhana is ready.
- If you want, you can serve it immediately.
- If you want to keep it and use it later, then you store it in an airtight container.
Some FOQs about Makhana?
What is Makhana in English?
Edible seeds of lotus flower Makhanas or Phool Makhana are popularly called fox nuts and or lotus seeds in English. They are also called gorgon nuts and Euryale Ferox. White puff which is gained after or pops out the boiled and manually cleaned black lotus seeds is a makhana.
Is fox nuts and Makhana same?
Yes, Fox nuts, Makhana, Phool makhana, gorgon nuts, lotus seeds, and Euryale Ferox are all same. And these are edible seeds of the lotus flower.
What is Phool Makhana in English?
Phool Makhana is a Makhana that is seeds of lotus floor which are called fox nuts, gorgon nuts, and Euryale Ferox in English.
Can we eat makhana daily?
Yes, Can be eaten every day, which makes your skin glow and look younger. There are several health benefits of makhana. They help in the digestive system as well as prevent frequent and excessive urination.