Jeera rice recipe / Cumin rice recipe is a famous rice dish of North India. It is said that the Jeera rice recipe also started in the Mughal period like other Mughlai recipes. The way Mughals introduced many recipes of biryani and pulao in India, so did this Jeera rice recipe.
After that, it became very popular in India and became part of every kitchen. There are very few kitchens where Jeera rice is not made. In the beginning, it was made up of only three things. Rice, cumin, and oil. But later it started adding more things.
People of South India started adding the whole masala to it, then the people of North India added cashews to it and the people of Punjab made long, thin-sliced onions. Thus, two recipes of Jeera rice ingredients/cumin rice ingredients are popular in India. The recipe for making cumin rice uses one whole masala, and the other recipe is made using cashew nuts.
Types of Cumin Rice Creations
1) In the first type of Jeera rice recipe, cumin and whole spices are roasted in oil or ghee. Then rice, salt, and water are added to it and covered and cooked. In this type of rice, cumin and spices taste good. This is often cooked at home. In which utensils are used less.
2) Second Jeera rice recipe, is the type of restaurant used in which rice is cooked in a vessel first. Then in another vessel, it is poured into the cumin seeds and it is mixed well. In hotels, they cook large amounts of rice together and it is used to make different dishes. For this reason, this type is used in hotels to make cumin rice.
Jeera Rice recipe/Cumin Rice Recipe Ingredients
- 1 glass of rice
- 1 teaspoon Ghee
- 2 teaspoon cumin seeds
- 2 bay leaves
- 4 cardamom
- 1 cinnamon
- Salt to taste
Jeera rice recipe/Cumin Rice Recipe
- First of all, wash the rice well and keep it in a bowl for 30 minutes.
- Put ghee on the utensil gas.
- When ghee gets hot, add bay leaf, cinnamon and cardamom and fry it a little.
- After that add cumin seeds and fry them a little.
- When roasted, add rice and mix it well.
- Once mixed, add water and salt to taste and cook for 10 to 15 minutes.
- After 10 to 15 minutes when the rice water is dry, shake the rice with a spoon and cook it two to 3 minutes.
- Turn off the gas after 2 to 3 minutes and keep the rice on the gas for 10 minutes.
- Serve the rice after 10 minutes.
More recipes for you
You may like to see my other recipes like Matar Pulao, Veg Biryani, Chicken Pulao, Chicken Noodles, and Veg Fried rice recipes. Also, check my another verity of recipes like,