Jalebi recipe at home is a traditional dessert recipe in India. It is round in shape and yellow or saffron-colored dipped in sugar syrup. You must have eaten this delicious dessert. It is often found at the nooks of mohallas and lanes.
It is a famous dessert in India. It is not only very popular in India but also in Pakistan, Sri Lanka, Nepal, and Bangladesh. Children and elders eat it with all fervor. Jalebi is the national dessert of India. It is said that its history is 500 years old.
Jalebi is made at festivals like Diwali, Dussehra, or Ramadan. It is also made on other special occasions. People like to eat during the rainy season. This dessert is also eaten at that time. It is served with breakfast or with milk. It is also eaten with curd and cold Rabri.
Two Jalebi Preparing Methods
There are two ways to make it. The instant method or the traditional method. In the instant method, Batter (slurry) is made using yeast, and fermentation is not required. And in the traditional method, a batter (slurry) is made of maida (all-purpose flour) and curd and placed to ferment.
In both ways, this dessert can be cooked at home. But Jalebi prepared in the traditional way is tastier. Apart from festivals, it can be made at a birthday party or any other event. It is easy to make and there is not too much material in the making of this. The material used to make it is often present at home.
There are 3 steps in this Jalebi recipe at home to make this dessert. In the first step, the batter is made by mixing maida and curd. The syrup is made in the second step. In the third and last step, the batter is fried until it becomes crispy, and then it is immersed in the syrup.
It can be made very easily at home. You can follow this Jalebi recipe at home, and make it at home on weekends and enjoy the taste of it as a family.
Jalebi Recipe Ingredients
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 200 grams Sugar
- 1 teaspoon cardamom powder
- 1/2 cup yogurt
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 pinch orange food color
- First of all, add refined flour, curd, baking powder, and a little water and mix it well.
- Once mixed, cover the utensil and keep it for 30 minutes.
- After 30 minutes, stir the Bater batter with a spoon.
- Put the pot on the gas and add water and sugar.
- After the water comes to a boil, add cardamom powder and orange food color and mix it well and boil for 3 to 4 minutes.
- Once the sugar syrup is ready, turn off the gas.
- Put the pot on the gas and pour oil.
- Take a muslin cloth and make a hole in it. (The larger the hole, the thicker the jalebi will be.)
- Put Jalebi’s batter in a perforated muslin cloth or if you have a bag.
- When the oil is hot, press the muslin cloth and make round rings. And fry it.
- When the jalebi color turns light brown on both sides, remove it.
- After that put it in the sugar syrup for 30 seconds and serve.
Other recipes for you
I hope you like to see my other recipes like Besan Ke Laddu, Motichoor Laddu, Rabdi/Rabri, Vanilla Ice Cream, Mango Ice Cream, Pan Ice Cream, and Strawberry Ice Cream Recipe. Apart from this, you can see my other types of recipes as well,