In this recipe, we will learn how to make Rajma. It is also known as Kidney Beans Recipe as well as French Bean Recipe. Rajma Recipe is a North Indian recipe. This is a healthy recipe Punjabi dish full of nutrition. It is healthy as well as tasty. We eat it in a hotel restaurant/dhaba, then it comes to our mind that we should make it at our home as well. In such a situation, we need a method to make Rajma. Our Rajma Masala recipe will help you with this problem and will be able to make Rajma at your home.
Rajma recipe is specially made in Punjab, Delhi, and surrounding areas. But now it is liked and eaten all over India. We know that Rajma is tasty as well as nutritious. Nutrients like carbohydrates, protein, fiber, fat, sodium, phosphorus, and iron are in abundance in it. People of all age groups like it. The ingredients of rajma recipe are almost all available in our kitchen. If needed, it is also easily available in the market. It does not take much time to make it.
Its making is easy. We can easily make it at our home. It is tasty as well as nutritious. That’s why we should cook and eat it and take advantage of the health benefits of rajma. You can make it at your home by following our Rajma recipe and feeding it to your children and you too can eat it. You can make it for lunch or dinner even on weekends or when guests have come to your home.
Rajma Recipe Ingredients
- 250 grams Rajma
- 2 onions
- 3 tomatoes
- 1½ tsp ginger garlic paste
- ½ tsp cumin
- 2 green chilies (chopped)
- ½ tsp turmeric powder
- ½ tsp coriander powder
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- ½ tsp Kashmiri red chili powder
- ½ tsp garam masala
- 2 tbsp ghee/oil
- salt to taste
- 2 tbsp coriander leaves (finely chopped)
How to make Rajma Masala Recipe
- First, when making Rajma, soak Rajma in water overnight or at least for 6-7 hours.
- When you want to make kidney beans, then cut onions, tomatoes, green chilies, green coriander, etc.
- Make tomato puree and make ginger garlic paste.
- Now put kidney beans, baking soda, and 1/2 tsp salt and water in a pressure cooker and cook it.
- When the cooker gets 6-7 whistles, turn off the gas and let the cooker cool down.
- After that put ghee/oil in a pan and heat it on medium flame.
- When the oil is hot, add cumin seeds and finely chopped green chilies to it.
- After that put onion in it and cook till it turns light brown.
- When the onion turns brown, add ginger and garlic paste to it.
- After that add ½ teaspoon coriander powder, ½ teaspoon turmeric powder, ½ teaspoon Kashmiri red chili powder, salt as per taste, and ½ teaspoon garam masala.
- To cook the masala well, add some water to it.
- After that add tomato paste and cook it well for 15 to 20 minutes.
- When the masala is cooked well, add boiled kidney beans and its water and cook it well for 15 minutes.
- After it is cooked well, add finely chopped coriander and mix it.
- Your Rajma Masala is ready.
- Take out the hot rajma in a serving bowl and garnish with coriander leaves and serve.