Dalcha Recipe, Bottle Gourd Recipe, Lauki Chana Dal Ki Sabji recipe, and Ghiya ki Sabji recipe or Split Chickpeas / Bottle Gourd Sabji recipe. Gourd vegetable is prepared and eaten almost everywhere in India. There are three different types of this. For example, only gourd vegetables, other prepared by adding potatoes to the gourd and in a third way by adding chana dal/gram dal or moong dal to the gourd. In this, this last third type of gourd recipe is liked and eaten more.
It is easy to make. The material used to make it is easily available in the market. Make this at home by following this Dalcha Recipe, Bottle Gourd Recipe, Lauki Chana Dal Ki Sabji recipe, and Ghiya ki Sabji recipe or Split Chickpeas / Bottle Gourd Sabji recipe. You too can enjoy its taste and feed the people of your family.
Dalcha Recipe / Bottle Gourd / Lauki ki Sabji Ingredients
- 600 grams Bottle gourd
- 100 grams Chana Dal / Split Chickpeas
- 4 tomatoes
- 2 green chilies
- 1 inch ginger (one spoon paste)
- 1 pinch asafoetida
- ½ spoon (small) cumin seeds
- 1/2 spoon (small) turmeric powder
- 2 spoons (small) coriander powder
- ½ spoon (small) red chili powder
- 4 – 5 spoon coriander (chopped)
- 10 – 11 Curry leaves
- Oil or ghee
- Salt – as per taste
Dalcha Recipe / Bottle Gourd Recipe / Lauki ki sabzi / Lauki Aur Chane ki dal ki sabzi
- Soak chana dal in water 2-3 hours before.
- Peel the bottle gourd into small pieces and wash it.
- After that grind the green chili, ginger, and tomatoes in the mixer.
- Then turn on the gas, put the cooker on the gas, and pour oil into it.
- Add cumin and asafetida to the oil and roast it.
- After roasting add red chili powder, turmeric powder, and coriander powder to it and keep stirring it with a spoon.
- Add the ground tomato mixture and fry the spices.
- Roast it till the oil comes up.
- After the oil comes up, add gram lentils and gourd to the masala and fry it for 2-3 minutes.
- Then add salt and water as per taste and mix it well and close the cooker.
- After the first whistle, lower the flame.
- Cook the vegetables for 4-5 minutes on low flame.
- After cooking 4-5 minutes, turn off the gas.
- After the pressure is over, open the cooker and add green coriander to it.
- Your Dalcha /Bottle Gourd Sabji is ready.
- Take out in the serving bowl and decorate it with green coriander and serve it.
- Some people like to eat garlic and onion. If you like garlic and onion too, then peel and chop 6-7 cloves of garlic and two onions.
- After that add chopped onion and garlic to the hot oil and roast it. When it becomes light pink, then add all the other spices in it and prepare the vegetable according to the method mentioned above.