Sabudana Khichdi Recipe: Sabudana Khichdi is a famous and healthy complete food dish. People often eat it during fasting. this Khichdi made for fasting is eaten during Navratri. By eating it, the stomach remains full for a long time, because there is a good amount of starch in it. That is why people eat it with great passion on the occasion of fasting during Navratri and other days. This recipe is also called Sabudana khichdi recipe for fast.
It is very popular as a fasting food in Gujarat, Karnataka, and Maharashtra. Apart from these states, in other states also it is made in different ways on different days of fasting or fasting.
Apart from fasting, some dry fruits are also used along with peanuts in this Khichdi made on normal days. Almonds, walnuts, and cashews, are used. It is not used during fasting or fasting. Rock salt is used in khichdi made for fasting or fasting. You can use plain salt in the regular khichdi.
Less water is used in its preparation, due to that it should be served immediately after preparation. It should not take long to serve. In case of late serving, sprinkle some water on it and serve it after heating it a little in the oven first.
It is easy to make. The ingredients used to make it are easily available. You can make it on the occasion of any fast by following our Sabudana Khichdi recipe and taking advantage of its benefits.
Sabudana Khichdi Ingredients
- 2 cups sago
- 1 cup peanuts
- 4 tbsp ghee
- 2 tsp cumin
- 2 inches ginger (finely chopped)
- 3 chilies (finely chopped)
- 2 potatoes (boiled and cubed)
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 4 tbsp coriander (finely chopped)
- 3 tsp rock salt
- Few curry leaves
Sabudana khichdi Recipe
- First, wash the sago with clean water and keep it in a bowl to soak.
- The bowl should be filled with water 1 inch above the sago.
- After two or three hours, filter it in a sieve and leave it on a thick cloth for one hour. Be careful that the water comes out completely from the sago.
- Wash and cut ginger and chilies.
- Boil the potato and cut it too.
- After that, fry 1 cup of groundnut in a pan on low heat till they become crunchy.
- When it cools down, grind half of the peanuts coarsely in a mixer.
- Now take the sago in a vessel and mix it with ground peanuts and dry groundnut and rock salt and keep it aside.
- After that heat 2 tbsp ghee in a big pan, add 1 tsp cumin and some curry leaves and heat it.
- Now add 2 inches of ginger (finely chopped), 3 chilies (finely chopped), and 2 potatoes (chopped) and fry them till the potatoes turn slightly golden brown.
- After this, add the mixture of sago peanuts to it and mix it.
- Now cook it on low flame till the sago becomes transparent.
- Now add lemon juice and coriander leaves to it and mix it well.
- Your Sabudana or sago Khichdi is ready to be served.
Suggested recipes from us
You may like to see my other recipes like Chili Paneer, Chicken Chili, Soya bean Manchurian, Butter Paneer Masala, Chicken noodles, Veg FrankieRoll, and Italian Pasta recipes. Also, check my another verity of recipes like,