Thalipeeth Recipe: Thalipeeth is a delicious yet nutritious Maharashtrian dish. It may not be that beautiful in appearance, but once you taste it, it will become a part of your life. For this reason, it has now become equally popular among the people of other states other than Maharashtra. It is also called “Thapte” in the village countryside of Maharashtra.
The ingredients used in it are such that the eater gets a good amount of carbohydrates. The millets (बाजरी ), and sorghum (ज्वारी) used in this is the food of choice for dieters. Due to the use of vegetables like a gourd, radish, beet, and red pumpkin, it is rich in iron, fiber, and vitamins.
Thalipeeth is made in two ways. One is made of homemade flour and the other is made of Bhajani especially made a floor for Thalipeeth. Here we are telling you the recipe for making instant homemade Thalipeeth. You can easily make it at your home. Make it at your home by following this instant Thalipeeth recipe step by step and enjoy its taste.
Thalipeeth Recipe Ingredients
- 1 cup sorghum flour
- 1 cup millet flour
- 1 cup besan
- 2 cups chopped onion
- 2 tsp ginger garlic chili coriander paste
- 2 tsp chili powder
- 1 tsp coriander powder
- 1 tsp cumin powder
- 1/2 tsp turmeric
- 1 tbsp coriander
- 1 tsp ghee
- salt to taste
- First, mix all types of flour in a bowl.
- After that add finely chopped onion, coriander powder, turmeric, red chili powder, and finely chopped green coriander and mix it well.
- Now add water to it and knead it.
- Now spread it on a plate and keep it.
- Take a clean cotton cloth and wash it and squeeze it.
- Wet the hand and make a ball of dough and keep it on the cloth.
- Now press it with your fingers, and slowly spread it in a circular shape on the cloth. In between, moisten your hand with water so that the patted Thalipeeth also remains slightly moist.
- Turn on the gas and heat the tawa on low flame.
- After that spread some oil or ghee on it.
- Now lift the plate from the cloth and turn it over on the pan and remove the cloth.
- If needed, add more ghee or oil from the side. After heating it for 2-3 minutes, then turn it over it on the pan.
- Now heat this other side also 2-3 times.
- When it is completely cooked, take it off the pan.
- Your delicious and crispy Thalipeeth is ready.
- Serve butter spread Thalipeeth with pickle.